Jodie O’Shea House has been locked down due to the Covid-19 crisis since March 16. As we are unable to accept all the wonderful visitors who usually bring food donations, and also experienced a big decrease in visitors in the month or so preceding lockdown, we are now in desperate need of food supplies.
We are appealing for immediate support, as we have 78 children in our care. Of course, we understand it’s very difficult for anyone to drop donations in person to our door, so we are appealing to any member of the public who may be prepared to send a payment for any item on the list below; we will do the shopping, send you a copy of the receipt, and a photo of the purchase. Any support during this Covid-19 crisis is highly appreciated.
JOS has been funded for the past 15 years purely by donations from generous visitors and stakeholders. We have no support from the government.
Thank you all so much for helping us, our wish list will be updated Weekly.
Below is the list of actual food supplies we currently have, with estimated run out dates. All have come from dropped-in food donations and the kind contributions we receive via PayPal or direct to our OCBC account.
We currently have enough:
- Rice until 31 May 2020
- Pasta until 31 May 2020
- Noodles until 31 May 2020
- Meat until 20 April 2020
- Chicken until 7 April 2020
- Eggs until 8 April 2020
- Onions until 8 April 2020
- Garlic until 8 April 2020
- Chilli until 8 April 2020
URGENTLY REQUIRED (for supplies until 30 April 2020)
- UHT Milk . 580 litres (estimate cost IDR 9,860,000 = AUD 986)
- Veggies assorted (estimated cost IDR 8,400,000 = AUD 840)
- Healthy snacks/biscuits (estimated cost IDR 8,700,000 = AUD 870)
- Fruit 288 Kg (estimated cost IDR 8,640,000 = AUD 864)
- Chicken or Fish 154 Kg (estimated cost IDR 6,930,000 = AUD 639)
- Eggs 2,000 piece (estimated cost IDR 3,000,000 = AUD 300)
- Meat 50 Kg (estimated cost IDR 7,500,000 =AUD 750)
- Cooking oil 50 litres (estimated cost IDR 1,250,000 = AUD 125)
- Garlic 20 Kg (estimated cost IDR 800,000 = AUD 80)
- Shallots 30 Kg (estimated cost IDR 1,200,000 = AUD 120)
- Onion 20 Kg (estimated cost IDR 800,000 = AUD 80)
- Chilli 30 Kg (estimated cost IDR 1,200,000= AUD 120)
- Multipurpose Flour 100 Kg (estimated cost IDR 1,800,000 = AUD 180)
- Shampoo (340 ml) 100 bottles (estimated cost IDR 3,000,000 = AUD 300)
- Handwash soap 12 litres (estimated cost IDR 600,000 = AUD 60)
- Detergent 60 Kg (estimated cost IDR 1,500,000 = AUD 150)